Carrot Raita, also known as also called as Gajar ka raita is very quick to make and goes very well with parathas, roti or even biryani. Fresh carrots and curd (yogurt) are the main ingredients. It is good to have raitas, curd and fruit juices during summers as they are cooling as well as nutritious.
- 1 cup curd/ yoghurt
- 3/4 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Rinse, peel and grate carrots, keep aside
- In another bowl, take 1 cup fresh chilled curd/yogurt and whisk it till smooth. Avoid using sour tasting curd.
- Add grated carrots, salt and chopped green chilies to the curd. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it immediately or chill and then serve later with roti, paratha or rice.